Your emotional health
Pregnancy brings many changes. It is important to look after yourself both physically and emotionally.
Focus on your couple relationship and potential emotional stressors: explore support networks available.
- Preparing for the birth, how might you be feeling?
- Mum and dad’s mood/anxiety/ expectations?
- What practical support is available?
On this page you'll find a series of eight mental wellbeing podcasts or audio guides that you can listen to in your own time, in private, and that may help you through times when your mood is low or you're facing an anxious time in your life.
PANDAS charity for perinatal mental illness have stepped up their support and offer free telephone and email support Mon-Sun 9am-8pm. They also have a good Instagram page with lots of graphics giving info about how to protect mental health during this challenging time.
Perinatal Positivity uses the real voices and experiences of women and men who have had mental wellbeing difficulties around the time of pregnancy, childbirth and beyond.
Looking after your mental health during coronavirus outbreak.
Skype / phone support groups
- Understanding your Emotional Health and Wellbeing following the Birth of your Baby (Mothers)
- Understanding your Emotional Health and Wellbeing following the Birth of your Baby (Fathers)
- Looking after your relationship as new parents
- Happy children happy parents
- How can new fathers get involved?
- QWELL Digital Counselling for Parent Carers & Young People